The Arizona Genealogical Advisory Board (AzGAB) is an incorporated non-profit society under the laws of the State of Arizona. Membership is open to individuals and societies with an interest in genealogical research and preservation of and access to public and private records. Our objectives are:
- The primary purpose of AzGAB will be to improve communications among genealogical societies, libraries with genealogical collections, professionals, and the general public.
- AzGAB will express its concern regarding records preservation and public access to records.
- AzGAB will promote such special projects as the organization approves.
- Membership shall be open to any genealogical society, group, library, professional or individual sharing these purposes with the State of Arizona without taking autonomy from any organization or individual or acting in any supervisory capacity.
Advantages to Belonging to AzGAB
- Contact with other societies throughout Arizona
- Knowledge of programs and seminars throughout Arizona
- Awareness of City, County, State, and Federal actions with regard to historical and genealogical materials.
- Advancement of the preservation of records throughout the State of Arizona
- $25.00 Society
- $25.00 Library
- $10.00 Professional/Individual
- $10.00 Subscription to Newsletter (non-voting)
- Donation Made to Federation of Genealogy Societies for copying National Archives records
AzGAB normally meets every other month beginning in January on the second Saturday of the month. Check the Events page
to verify date, location, and map.
Months: January, March, May, July, September, November
Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Location: Virtual until further notice